Institute - Schedule
July 13-19, 2014: We think no challenge is too difficult if you have the right help and a plan. Our staff and faculty are the help you will need. The plan is "the schedule."
In advance, online:
- Monthly online composers forums on orchestration, writing for orchestra, composing discussions
- Keep up with the archive of the online chats
- Find out what you know about music theory (coming soon)
At the Institute:
- Music theory class 8-10 every morning
- Composing time and lessons from 10am until 4pm every day
- Salon with a guest artists everyday at 4pm
Special evening activities throughout the week
- Ice Cream Social at Annie's Parlor after dinner on Wednesday
- First Reading of all the student compositions on Wednesday night
- Rehearsals start on Thursday and continue through Friday
Festival Salons at 9am and 1pm on Saturday.
- World premieres of every work composed during the six days of the Institute. Students perform and conduct each other's works in Lloyd Ultan Recital Hall in Ferguson Hall.
Families of students can reserve their place at the Festival Lunch at 11.30am between the two Festival Salons. Reservation information will be sent to student after they have registered for the Institute.