Studio - Schedule
July 8-20, 2013: Writing for Voice
The featured opportunity for the 2012 Studio is to learn the craft and art of composing for string quartet. This year's camp will feature a residency by VocalEssence. We think no challenge is too difficult if you have the right help and a plan. Our staff and faculty are the help you will need. The plan is "the schedule."
First week of the Studio:
- Music theory, score study, music analysis from 8-10 every morning
- Workshops with guest artists every day from 10am to noon Tuesday and Wednesday
- Composing time and lessons from 1 to 5pm every day
- Special evening activities throughout the week
Second week of the Studio:
- Music theory class 8-10 every morning
- Composing time and lessons from 10am until 4pm every day
- Salon with a guest artists everyday at 4pm
Special evening activities throughout the week
- Ice Cream Social at Annie's Parlor after dinner on Wednesday
- First Reading of all the student compositions on Wednesday night
- Rehearsals of your new composition start on Thursday and continue through Friday
Festival Salons at 9am and 1pm on Saturday.
- World premieres of every work composed during the six days of the Institute. Students perform and conduct each other's works in Lloyd Ultan Recital Hall in Ferguson Hall.
Families of students can reserve their place at the Festival Lunch at 11:30am between the two Festival Salons. Reservation information will be sent to students after they have registered for the Studio.