Junior Songwriters Institute
Dates to be announced soon
A week-long residential summer music camp for students age 14-20 who want to explore songwriting. Limited to 20 students.
Register now. Limited to 20 songwriters.
Here is what you can expect if you attend the Songwriters Institute:
- work with Eric Radloff, our songwriter in-residence
- songwriting groups and individual tutorials
- premiere your song(s) with your songwriting group
- perform in the premiere of your band members’ songs
- make a demo with your songwriting group
- daily salons with professional artists and songwriters
- learn how to write for instruments
- Multiple practice rooms
- Room and board
2018 Junior Composers: String Quartet
“Call for Scores”
In preparation for our 2018 summer programs, we are formally inviting our students to compose a piece for string quartet. These pieces should be 2-4 minutes in length, and should be submitted electronically to Seth Custer (email@example.com) no later than May 30, 2018. Selected works will be read by a guest ensemble at the 2018 Junior Composers summer programs. Click here for more details.